Had my first two days of class. So when I said there were four other teachers, I guess I meant that there's suppose to be four other teachers. In actuality most of the time the kids sit in their class by themselves doing nothing, because the teachers just don't show up. The classes I had were all ok. I was suppose to be doing division of fractions with the 8th graders, which requires knowing mulitplication of fractions, reducing fractions, multiplication of whole numbers etc. Some knew this stuff, others didn't, but we hammered it out none-the-less.
The bells (by which I mean the one cow-bell that's rung by one of the 8th grades) were confusing me today. I thought I was showing up for math 25 minutes early to put stuff on the board, but the kids were already there ... and wanting to leave 25 minutes before the class ended (because the kid rang the bell). I then realised that the entire school (including the other teacher) go completely off of the one clock in the 8th grade classroom, which is not even on the wall, but passed around as kids want to see it. The wheel in the back must have been hit thus sending the whole school 25 minutes into the future. How quaint.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment